Project Conserve Seeks Dedicated Individuals to Fill 34 Full-time Positions Serving Critical Conservation Needs of Western North Carolina for the 2017-2018 Service Year
The program places members in service with one of our host site organizations working to protect the unique natural resources of the southern Blue Ridge Mountain region. Each member will serve 1,700 hours during an 11 month term, from September 1st through July 31st. During their terms of service, members will promote conservation through education, volunteerism and direct service. In addition to serving on individual projects outlined by partnering sites, members participate in 1 to 3 required trainings and service days with the full Project Conserve team each month. Trainings may cover a broad range of topics including conflict resolution, forest management, trail construction, invasive plant identification, environmental education, volunteer management, and disaster preparedness.
Project Conserve Applicants must:
- Be a citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident alien of the United States
- Be at least 18 years of age at the commencement of service
- Be available between September 1, 2017 and July 31, 2018 and commit to full-time service
- Consent to a criminal history check and be cleared for service
- Meet minimum education requirements (see individual service descriptions for specific requirements)
- Additional qualifications for each position are listed in the individual service descriptions
- Essential functions for each position are listed in the individual service descriptions
Members earn a living stipend of $13,470 over the 11-month term of service (Please be aware that the living stipend is taxed when you are budgeting living expenses). Upon successful completion of the program, each member will also receive an education award of $5,815. This award can be used to pay off existing school loans or apply for future education. Other benefits include health insurance and childcare assistance.
The policy and intent of CMLC and AmeriCorps Project Conserve is to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation or gender identity, disability, sex or age, or other status protected by law. Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. AmeriCorps Project Conserve will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with known mental / physical disabilities. Application materials are available in large-print format upon request.
** PLEASE NOTE: Service Positions are always contingent on AmeriCorps grant funding